TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BLUE CROSS AND BLUE SHIELD OF NORTH CAROLINA HIKE NC NONPROFIT GIVEAWAY
Client: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Program: HIKE NC NONPROFIT GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ELIGIBILITY. By participating, voters and the participating non-profit organizations listed below agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (“Blue Cross NC”) (including all decisions with respect to the distribution of charitable contributions and the interpretation of these Official Terms and Conditions), which are binding and final on matters relating to this Giveaway. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- GIVEAWAY TIMING AND VOTING PERIOD. The Blue Cross NC Hike NC Nonprofit Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 26, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 16, 2017 (“Voting Period”). Charitable contributions to the winning non-profit organizations will be distributed June 30, 2017 (“Selection Date”).
- HOW TO VOTE. Vote for your favorite participating non-profit organization on Instagram or Twitter using the following hashtags and tag Blue Cross NC @bcbsnc:
- Conservation Trust for North Carolina: #VoteCT4NC
- Kids in Parks: #VoteKIPNC
- NC State Parks: #VoteNCParks
- NC Conservation Network: #VoteNCCN
- Audubon NC: #VoteAudubonNC
Your vote must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 16, 2017 for your vote to be counted for purposes of this Giveaway. You may vote only one (1) time per applicable social media platform (Instagram and Twitter) during the Voting Period.
Any attempt by any person to submit votes by using any other methods or social media platforms will be void. Instagram or Twitter votes containing any of the following will be void, as determined by Blue Cross NC in its sole discretion: nudity; lewd or profane material; material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state; or material deemed by Blue Cross NC, in its sole discretion, to be otherwise inappropriate. Blue Cross NC makes the final determination as to which votes are eligible to take part in the Giveaway.
- ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR ENTRY. Votes must be made from a public Instagram or Twitter account. Votes must not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary or intellectual rights. Votes must be consistent with the Blue Cross NC’s brand reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages. Votes cannot include or involve any of the following: nudity, obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive language; violence, explicit sexual language; phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email or otherwise); website or web page links; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups or content that would humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others. Votes (i) containing prohibited content, including but not limited to those listed above, (ii) otherwise in violation of these Official Terms and Conditions, (iii) containing any other content, displays, materials and/or images that are or could be considered infringing of third party intellectual property rights, or (iv) containing inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive content, displays, materials and/or images, as determined by Blue Cross NC in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- VALUE, DETERMINATION, AND NOTIFICATION OF CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS. Following the closing of the Voting Period, Blue Cross NC will make one charitable contribution in the amount of $100,000.00, which shall be divided and allocated amongst the five participating non-profit organizations (Conservation Trust for North Carolina, Kids in Parks, NC State Parks, NC Conservation Network, Audubon NC) as follows: the participating non-profit organizations will each receive the percentage of the $100,000.00 charitable contribution that represents the percentage of the total number of votes collectively received for this Giveaway, through both Instagram and Twitter during the Voting Period, by each of the participating non-profit organizations. Participation in this Giveaway in no way guarantees a participating non-profit organization will receive a charitable contribution as a result of this Giveaway, as such charitable contribution is determined by receiving eligible votes. Contributions to the participating non-profit organizations will be made on the Selection Date.
Blue Cross NC’s decisions on all matters relating to this Giveaway are final. The non-profit organizations to receive donations from Blue Cross NC as a result of this Giveaway will be notified by email on or about two (2) business days after the Selection Date.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS. Participating voters and non-profit organizations agree to accept and abide by these Official Terms and Conditions and agree that any dispute with regard to the conduct of the Giveaway, Terms and Conditions interpretation, or distribution of the charitable contributions made as a result of this Giveaway, shall be resolved by Blue Cross NC, whose decision shall be binding and final.
Blue Cross NC is not responsible for any typographical, printing, or other error in the printing of these Official Terms and Conditions, or any network, computer, mechanical, electronic, human or other errors or problems in connection with this Giveaway, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with administration of the Giveaway, the delivery of any communications, or in the announcement of charitable contributions, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that a charitable contribution will be made.
Votes generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the voting process will be void. Should any portion of the Giveaway be, in Blue Cross NC’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of Blue Cross NC, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of votes, Blue Cross NC reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Giveaway. Blue Cross NC will not be liable for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing or collection of votes.
This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the state of North Carolina. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Giveaway will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in North Carolina. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the state of North Carolina and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the state of North Carolina. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- CONTRIBUTOR. The charitable contributions made as a result of this Giveaway were made by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, located at 4615 University Drive, Durham, NC 27707. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans.