TIPS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF ACA OPEN ENROLLMENT
Do you buy your own health insurance? Now’s the time to select or renew your Affordable Care Act (ACA) health plan for 2021!
This year’s Open Enrollment period runs from November 1 to December 15. For most people, this is the only chance to get ACA health coverage for the upcoming year. And we’re here to make the process simple and easy for you.
Here are the steps to take for a smooth enrollment.
- Watch for your 2021 rate notice to arrive in the mail. Read through that information carefully. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you receive a government subsidy in 2020, it will change for 2021. To make sure you get the right amount for 2021, update your information at GetBlueNC.com.
- Head over to the Manage Your Policy page on Blue ConnectSM. You’ll find your updated premium with the corrected 2021 subsidy amount (if applicable) — as well as any lower-cost plan recommendations available to you.
- Once you’ve found the right plan for 2021, be sure to check our Find a Doctor tool to make sure your doctors and hospitals will be in-network.
- Finalize your 2021 health plan by making your January payment.
- Go to GetBlueNC.com. It’s our easy-to-use enrollment tool to simplify and streamline the process.
- Complete the simple online form to see if you qualify for a subsidy
- Select the best plan for you and your family
Dental and Vision
Your oral health and vision play an important role in your overall health. Blue Cross NC offers affordable individual and family plans for both vision and dental. You can purchase coverage at any time throughout the year, with or without Blue Cross NC medical coverage.
- Current members can visit the Contact Us area of Blue Connect to get help through live chat or secure messaging — or call the number on the back of their member ID card.
- Make an in-person or virtual appointment at one of our Blue Cross NC Centers located across the state.
- Reach out to an authorized Blue Cross NC agent in your community or an agent-run Blue Cross NC Retail Store.