Preparing for Tropical Storm Isaias
Medication for Customers Affected by Tropical Storm Isaias
In response to Tropical Storm Isaias approaching, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) is allowing early prescription refills to ensure that customers have access to the prescription drugs they need.
What you should know
- This action is in effect for the entire state of North Carolina, following the governor’s declared state of emergency.
- The state of emergency is effective starting July 31, 2020 and will remain in effect for 29 days (until August 29, 2020), unless rescinded earlier by the governor.
- The early refill request must be made while the state of emergency declaration is in effect.
- Members should call the number on their ID card if they have a problem trying to get an early refill.
- Our early refill policy does not apply to controlled substances.