Hearing Aid Benefit Added to Your Coverage This Year
Karianne is like many people with hearing loss. For years she found herself constantly saying “what was that?” Asking everyone to repeat themselves was just something she got used to doing over the years. “I felt like everyone in the world was mumbling. I would hear someone say ‘trout’ instead of ‘about’ which was very frustrating.” It took a while but she finally came to terms with her hearing loss and got hearing aids through TruHearing.® “The results have been absolutely dramatic. I could hear the ice cracking in someone’s glass and forks tinkling on the plate. I don’t think I heard this well as a child.
Karianne’s story is not uncommon. Millions of people across the country suffer through hearing loss every day. When someone decides to take the step toward better hearing, by wearing hearing aids, their whole world changes. Their quality of life improves, and they start connecting to the world around them in a more profound way.
At Blue Cross NC, we feel hearing loss is too important to the health and lives of our members to let it go untreated. Your benefit makes it more affordable for you to treat your hearing loss by significantly lowering your out-of-pocket costs. In the retail market, hearing aids can cost $2,000–3,000 per aid.
TruHearing Advanced and TruHearing Premium hearing aids are high-quality, digital hearing aids featuring the latest advances in hearing technology at a much lower cost than the retail market.
Your hearing aid may include:
- Smartphone compatibility, allowing you to stream audio directly to your ears
- Own Voice Processing (OVP™), which makes your own voice more natural and less distracting
- 4 rechargeable options that conveniently charges overnight and last all-day
Your new hearing aid benefit also includes:
- Initial hearing exam with a TruHearing provider
- 3 follow-up visits with the provider for fitting and adjustments
- 45-day risk-free trial
- 3-year warranty
- 48 batteries per hearing aid included with non-rechargeable models
If you are experiencing hearing loss, we hope you’ll take advantage of this benefit.
Medicare and TruHearing
Many of our Medicare plans cover the hearing aid benefit. For more information:
- Medicare Supplement members may call 1-844-424-2164.
- Medicare Advantage members can call 1-844-424-2165.