Did you know that as a Silver & Fit member you can go to a fitness center for free or for a very low rate?
It’s true! If you are a Medicare Advantage member, there is no cost to you at fitness centers participating in the Silver&Fit program. And if you’re a Medicare Supplement member, you may need to pay a small fee.  Either way – you save money. Many participating fitness centers have programs and classes designed especially for older adults. They may offer dance, yoga, swimming and much more.
Unable to go to a fitness center? No problem. Enroll in the Home Fitness program and choose up to two home fitness kits each benefit year. These kits may include DVDs, guides, and other items to help you get fit on your own terms
Getting started with the Silver & Fit program
- Talk to your doctor
Be sure and talk to your doctor before you start or change your exercise routine.
- Enroll in a Silver&Fit fitness program online – start with Blue Connect
After you have talked to your doctor, log in to your Blue Connect account.
Go to your Blue Connect homepage and look for the link to the Silver & Fit site (it’s on your homepage, below your claims summary).
Bingo – you are there! Follow step 1 and enroll in the program. If you are a Medicare Supplement member, you can enroll in the Fitness Center program for $50 per year, or select the Home Fitness program for $10 per year. Medicare Advantage members, these programs are at no extra cost to you.
If you prefer, you can call toll-free 1.888.797.8058 (TTY/TDD: 711), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time to enroll in a fitness program.
- Find a fitness center near you
Consider the different types of fitness centers and choose one that fits your needs.
- Basic fitness centers offer exercise and training that protects your heart and increases your strength. Available equipment may include treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, and more.
- Full fitness centers offer a wide range of heart-healthy and strength training services. You may also be able to sign up for classes like yoga, Zumba, or the official Silver&Fit Signature Series exercise program.
- Gender-specific gyms offer a facility designed for particular genders. You can choose one that is Silver&Fit-approved.
- Exercise centers offer services beyond your standard gym or fitness center. Amenities vary on location but may include lap pools, saunas or yoga, Pilates, or sports centers.
- Bring your fitness card
- Focus on you
Once you’ve signed up, enjoy focusing on your health and well-being.
New features launching in 2020
New features launching for 2020 include Silver & Fit ASHConnect mobile app with:
- Fitness center search and profile pages
- Videos: Virtual streaming group exercise, Silver&Fit Signature Class, and Healthy Aging
- Silver&Fit Connected!™ integration with 250+ wireless devices and apps, including Apple Watch®
There will also be a Fitbit home fitness kit.
More for Silver&Fit members
Silver&Fit members also get:
- 48 Healthy Aging classes (available on DVD or online).
- The Silver Slate® newsletter 4 times a year (online, by email, or by mail).
- The Silver&Fit Connected!™ tool. A fun and easy way to track your exercise at a fitness center or through a wearable fitness device or app and earn rewards.
- Other web tools like a fitness center search and online classes.
The fine print
- The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH).
- Your use of the Silver&Fit Connected!™ tool and ASHConnect serves as your consent for American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc.(ASH Fitness) to receive information about your tracked activity and to use that data to process and administer available rewards to you under the program.
- All programs and services are not available in all areas.
- Not all YMCAs participate in the network.
- Services that call for an added fee are not part of the Silver&Fit program.
- Home kits are subject to change.
- Silver&Fit, ASHConnect, Silver&Fit Connected! and The Silver Slate are trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.
BLUE CROSS®, BLUE SHIELD® and the Cross and Shield Symbols are registered marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
 Medicare Supplement High Deductible Plans F or G