TIPS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF ACA OPEN ENROLLMENT
Yes, it’s that time of year for individuals to choose or renew their health insurance plan.
The annual open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) health insurance plans starts Nov 1 and runs through Dec 15 for 2020 coverage.
Here are the steps to take for a smooth enrollment.
- Look for your 2020 rate notice in the mail. Be aware that if you receive a subsidy your rate notice WILL NOT be accurate. Because of the way the federal government calculates subsidies, some members will receive LESS in federal subsidies than they did last year. This will cause your monthly payment to increase.
- On or after 11/1, go to “Manage Your Policy” by logging onto Blue ConnectSM. Here you can review your updated premium with the corrected subsidy amount (if applicable) and look at lower cost plan recommendations.
- When selecting a plan make sure the doctors and hospitals you use are included. You can find this out by using our Find a Doctor tool.
- Check to see if you are eligible for a subsidy. Go to bluecrossnc.com/subsidy.
- Renew your plan.
- Go to GetBlueNC.com
- Complete the simple online form to see if you qualify for a subsidy
- Select the best plan for you and your family
We know health insurance and we are here to help. That’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to connect with us in person or online.
- Current members can log in to Blue Connect and chat with a customer service professional or call the number on the back of your Blue Cross NC insurance card.
- Schedule an appointment or drop in one of our Blue Cross Centers or Agent run stores
- Find a local agent in your community