Are you looking for opportunities to expand your business? Look globally.
The name you trust for domestic coverage is also the name you can trust for international health insurance.
Selling international health insurance is a natural extension of selling traditional medical coverage. It’s an important product to lock-in existing customers, stay competitive, and further diversify your book of business.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina offers international health coverage through GeoBlue, an international healthcare leader with over 20 years’ experience, owned and backed by Blue Cross Blue Shield and Bupa Global.
Why international coverage matters to domestic business
More than ever, domestic populations are going global for business and leisure. In fact, studies show that 53 percent of boomers anticipate traveling internationally, 35 percent of family vacations are taken internationally, and 80 percent of international business trips are extended for leisure travel.￼
Likewise, many domestic health plans don’t cover critical international benefits such as medical evacuation and repatriation, which can cost up to $150,000 or more at the expense of the member, according to GeoBlue.
Working with GeoBlue is easy – for you and your customers
Because GeoBlue is part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield family, the network spans every community in America and nearly 200 countries worldwide – bringing trusted, quality coverage to members both at home and abroad. With flexible, comprehensive plan options for employer groups, student groups, individuals and families, and individuals and first-class member apps and services, we are simplifying the international healthcare experience.
All plans include:
• An integrated member experience through centralized tools and programs
• Multi-lingual support 24/7/365 from customer service and Global Health and Safety experts
• Direct pay capabilities so members don’t have to pay out-of-pocket and submit a claim
• Digital tools to help members stay connected and safe
• Access to 1.3 million providers worldwide in over 190 countries
• Short-term and long-term options are available along with plans specifically geared towards third-country nationals (TCN)
• Dedicated wellness services including emotional, practical and physical support services
• Telemedicine services: Remote doctor consultations (not available with all plans)
Scholastic Group (colleges and universities)
• Plans for international in-bound, international out-bound, blanket coverage, and medical evacuation/repatriation services
• Plans for single trips, multiple trips, expatriates, missionaries, maritime staff, and students
Advantages of selling GeoBlue
• Competitive commissions
• Ability to meet your customer’s needs wherever they travel
• A site where group agents can sign up to be an appointed GeoBlue agent. Please use ID number 8389.
Visit our Blue Cross NC website dedicated to Geo Blue.