Try this easy tossed caprese salad recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites to make in the summertime. I love going to the local farmers market to pick out the freshest grape/cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and basil. It requires no cooking and is always a hit at tailgates or other social events as it appeals to both the eyes and taste buds. It’s also very versatile in that it can be added as a topping to grilled meats or eaten like bruschetta. My personal favorite and a health-conscious way to make it is to use as little mozzarella as possible, and use the smaller “pickling” size cucumbers since they pack the most crunch.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups cucumbers, diced
- A handful of fresh chopped basil leaves (about 10 leaves)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, add to taste:
- Grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Diced cucumbers
- Chop several fresh basil leaves
- Sprinkle ground pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, cubed (but not to exceed 4 ounces)
- Olive oil (but not to exceed 2 tablespoons)
Toss and mix all ingredients and store it in the fridge for a cool, refreshing savory treat!