I love this recipe because it brings a whole new flavor to broccoli, and it’s also a hit with my toddler – he can’t get enough!
If you’re not a big fan of broccoli, this recipe could easily convert you! Did you know that roasting broccoli will bring out a sweeter, caramelized flavor? That flavor compliments many types of meat and seafood. Also, it’s good for you! One cup of broccoli is a good source of Vitamin A and B6 and an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Toss broccoli florets in olive oil.
- Place broccoli on a baking sheet, and spread out into one layer.
- Roast at 475F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven, and stir, turning broccoli over. Redistribute broccoli in a single layer.
- Return pan to oven and roast another 5-10 minutes, until broccoli begins to brown slightly on edges.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired, and serve.