I love this recipe because it’s simple and easy to prepare, and is a great way to get grilled flavor without grilling. A perfect pick for winter suppers or for rainy days when you can’t fire up the grill. Salmon is full of heart-healthy Omega-3 fats, and a single serving is an excellent source of Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6. This salmon recipe is perfected when served with a side of veggies, whole-grains, or with a salad loaded up with fresh greens. You can add thinly sliced red onion, and sliced fruit such as blueberries, mandarin oranges, and strawberries.
- Four 6-ounce salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Move oven rack to the highest position, and heat oven broiler on high.
- Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet, and place on highest rack in the oven under the broiler.
- Broil 7-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. When done, the internal temperature of the fish should reach 145F at the thickest part of the filet.
- Remove from oven, and serve.
Pictured: Fillet of broiled salmon, garnished Hawaiian style