They say moderation is the key to life. As someone who enjoys the occasional dinner with steak, I’ve learned to cook it in a healthy way that doesn’t leave me with regret. Here are some easy modifications when cooking your favorite cut of steak.
- 4 sirloin steaks 6 oz each (I prefer grass fed)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil, for brushing (olive oil can be used)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp horseradish
- 4 small flour tortillas (look for tortillas without hydrogenated oils).
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Spread the steaks with garlic and sprinkle both sides with paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Heat a ridged grill pan over high heat and brush with oil. Add the steaks and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes
- Mix the sour cream and horse radish, then spread half over the tortillas
- Slice the steaks into strips. Divide among the tortillas with arugula, avocado, and onion, wrapping the sides over.