North Carolina Health Link Weekly- July 27th, 2015
This week, HealthLink Weekly has a lot to offer! From the new rankings of local hospitals, to the immediate benefits of diet and exercise, find out what’s going on in with Health!
Got a link to share? Tweet us at @bcbsnc with #NCHealthLinkWeekly, and we could feature your story in an upcoming edition.
Innovation and Trends
- Rising U.S. Drug Prices Are Focus of Research Grant
- U.S. News ranks Duke as the state’s top hospital — UNC ranks third
- You need surgery. So how do you find the right doctor?
Health Care Technology
- Alzheimer’s Drugs In The Works Might Help Other Diseases, Too
- Meet Deep Genomics, a start-up bringing the power of deep learning to genomics
- On-Demand Doctor Apps Bring Uber Approach to Medicine
Health and Fitness
- 5 Things to Know About Running in the Heat
- Few US Adults Meet Fruit, Vegetable Intake Guidelines
- The Instant Effects of Diet and Exercise
- Medicaid Enrollment Surges, Stirs Worry About State Budgets
- Odd way hundreds of homeless signed up for Obamacare
- Feds Say 7.5M Paid An Average Penalty Of $200 For Not Having Health Insurance
How does sleep improve your health?
How does sleep refresh your brain, and improve your health? Neuroscientist Jeffrey Llif explains the tough job your brain really has..
[Top image: Shutterstock]