This week we’ve got a wide range of topics! Check out articles spanning from fitness trackers and health monitors, to ACA updates and challenges! Got a link to share? Tweet us at @bcbsnc with #NCHealthLinkWeekly, and we could feature your story in an upcoming edition.
Innovation and Trends
- How CVS Quit Smoking and Grew Into a Health Care Giant
- ‘Surgeon scorecard’ measures docs by complications
- ACA helps reduce abortions through better access to birth control
Health Care Technology
- Modern Doctors’ House Calls: Skype Chat and Fast Diagnosis
- Need a new knee? Heart valve? Back surgery? This Web site could help you find the top surgeons near you
- Mobile Health and Fitness Sensors Market – Global Industry Size, Share, Trends Analysis and Forecast to 2020
Health and Fitness
- US study banning headers only part of stopping concussions
- Fitness Tracking Gets Dirt Cheap
- Fit Nation: Training through an injury
- Courts Support Obama’s Contraceptive Policy, But Challenges Remain
- Obamacare Was Supposed To Kill Medicare Advantage. It Only Made It Stronger
- Out-of-network costs lurk even at in-network hospitals
How well do you know your doctor? Watch video.
Leana Wen is a “transparent physician”, and she’s discovering how we can bridge the gap between what patients really need, and what doctors decide to do.