North Carolina Health Link Weekly- July 13, 2015
This week we’ve got quite a variety of topics, ranging from how doctors choose to die to comedy nights at an innovative hospital.
Got a link to share? Tweet us @bcbsnc with #NCHealthLinkWeekly, and we could feature your story in an upcoming edition.
Innovation and Trends
- Doctors Die Differently Than The Rest of Us
- Aid-in-Dying Bill Will be Revived
- Breast Cancer and Mammograms: Study Suggests ‘Widespread Overdiagnosis’
- Birth Control Coverage Saves Women Significant Money
Health Care Technology
- The Digital Doctor is in: Next Wave in Health Care
- Strong Sales, But High Abandonment for Fitness Trackers
- The App Will See You Now, But May Not Get The Diagnosis Right
Health and Fitness
- We Own This City: How Tactical Urbanism is Changing The World And Our Streets
- Walk Your City is Getting More Feet on the Street
- Ill Children Get Safe Place to Play in Healing Center
- Want A Good Laugh? Head To The Hospital
- Landmark BCBSNC Building in the Southern Part of Heaven Gets New Owner
- Aetna Buys Humana for $37B Amid Record Number of Health Care Deals
- Measles Kills First Patient in 12 Years
- Think Insurers Are Cashing in on the ACA? Think Again.
Hear Steve Silberman’s talk on the forgotten history of autism and the autism spectrum