We continue to experience high volume of calls regarding insurance plans and Health Care Reform. Despite increased support staff, hold times continue to be longer than anticipated. Please review this previous blog post for details about making payments and how to use insurance if you don’t have an ID card.
There are two options if you need to speak with customer support.
- Setup an appointment in one of our retail stores
- Call customer service. It’s important to use the number listed on the back of your insurance card. If you don’t have an insurance card, please call 1-800-446-8053.
In addition to normal call center hours customer service will be open the next three Saturdays, February 1, 8 and 15 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for Members and Providers. Call centers serving our senior market customers will maintain their normal Saturday hours of 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Federal Employee Program and North Carolina State Health Plan customers will be closed.
Normal operating hours are:
- Individuals purchasing insurance or enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan.
Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Calling after 5:00 p.m. may reduce your hold time.
Monday –Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Tips when calling
When you call in, it’s important to select the correct type of call, so you’re not placed on hold again. Once you’ve provided basic information, select among these options:
- (1) Billing – Questions about your premium or how to pay.
- (2) Claims – Questions about medical bills.
- (3) New ID Cards – Questions about new or replacement ID cards.
Once on hold you may also have an option for us to call you back at a later time (later in the day or another day). We try to estimate a call back time, but because of the high call volume it’s only an estimate.
We understand this can be frustrating and appreciate your patience as we find ways to meet the high call volume. Thank you for your business.