Members: How to Access Your BCBSNC Account Online
Getting Started With Member Services Portal
Health Care Reform is finally in full swing, and that means new benefits and questions. This post walks you through the first few important steps of the insurance process, namely accessing ID Cards and insurance information online using the Member Services Portal.
If you’re new to BCBSNC, our Member Services Portal is the secure hub of information about your plan. Once you have access you can:
- View claims details and processing information
- Find and compare treatment cost estimates
- See current deductible and coinsurance levels
- See details of your benefits
- Search for providers
For New Customers
Applying for health insurance through the Exchange
It’s important to understand a few things must happen before you’ll be covered:
- Once you apply on the Exchange, you must immediately mail in your payment. If you’ve not already done so, please view, print, and mail this form.
- Mailing in your payment takes a few days. It also takes a few days for us to process the payment.
- Once payment is processed, you’ll be set up in our systems and can use the Member Services Portal.
- You’ll be asked to create a user ID, password, and security question/answer, and an e-mail address for account-related communications.
- Once you have access, you’ll be able to print temporary ID cards and learn more about your insurance.
If you still have questions, this guide walks through the registration and login process.
To register for the Member Services Portal you’ll need your subscriber ID, DOB, and ZIP Code. If for some reason you cannot access the Member Services Portal, email us.
For Existing Customers
If you’ve already registered for the Member Services Portal, you can easily access the site by going to http://www.mybcbsnc.com and login. If your subscriber ID has changed you’ll need to add a new policy to your Member Services Portal account. Here are the directions.
Printing Temporary ID Cards
One of the helpful features on the Member Services Portal is printing temporary ID card. This is really helpful right after you buy or renew insurance and may need to visit a doctor.
- Register and login to Member Services Portal.
- Once logged in, under Quick Links on the right hand side of the page you’ll see a Get New or Temporary ID Cards link.
- Click on the link to view the temporary ID card.
- Print this information or access it by mobile phone to present it to your provider.
At any time if you have questions there are a variety of ways to get assistance. This contact page lists customer service options, local agents, and our seven retail locations.
Also please remember: payments for individual ACA plans in 2014 are due by 1/24/2014.
- Lingering challenges associated with rollout of the ACA and healthcare.gov have made it difficult for our customers to pay their health insurance premiums.
- We want to help our customers in every way we can, so we are extending the payment deadline from January 10 until January 24. Please note: We must receive your payments by this date in order for you coverage to have been effective as of January 1
- Please download a copy of the 2014 Payment Submission form, which you will need to fill out and mail along with your payment. This is the final stage in your enrollment, and if payment is not received by 1/24, you will not have coverage starting 1/1.
We value your business greatly, and thanks for your patience during this very busy time.