We understand that call times have been very long due to exceptionally high call volumes as we transition into 2014, so we’re sharing some important points here to help make the process as smooth as possible:
- UPDATE 1/10/2014: Payments for individual ACA plans in 2014 are due by 1/24/2014.
- Lingering challenges associated with rollout of the ACA and healthcare.gov have made it difficult for our customers to pay their health insurance premiums.
- We want to help our customers in every way we can, so we are extending the payment deadline from January 10 until January 24. Please note: We must receive your payments by this date in order for you coverage to have been effective as of January 1.
- Below is a copy of the 2014 Payment Submission form, which you will need to fill out and mail along with your payment. This is the final stage in your enrollment, and if payment is not received by 1/24, you will not have coverage starting 1/1.
- Booklets and ID cards are rolling out, so keep an eye out for those. In the event that you do not have a card by mid January:
- Current customers can log in to Member Services to get a copy of their ID number. Click on “account information” and you will be given the option to print your temporary ID Card.
- New customers will need to have their health care providers call BCBSNC to confirm enrollment at the time of service if the ID number is not in hand.
- If you do not have your card by mid January and cannot access it online, please contact Customer Service.
We’d also like to share some words for new and returning customers from Tarsha Rowland, Vice President Customer Service Operations at BCBSNC:
I want to thank you personally for choosing BCBSNC for your health insurance needs. As you know, we’re passionate about making your experience with us seamless and easy, regardless of the situation. While we have been challenged with providing the level of service that we aspire to provide to our customers due to the shifting deadlines and requirements associated with the ACA implementation, we are working diligently to improve your experience.
We know that your time is valuable, which is why I hope you are taking advantage of all of the resources available to you in addition to our customer service lines. BCBSNC.com features online resources and services such as plan benefits, claim status and enrollment information.
In the meantime, we will continue to work relentlessly to improve your service experience. Thank you for your business and your patience. We look forward to serving you in 2014.
— Tarsha Rowland
If you had a BCBSNC policy in 2013, but switched to a new policy for 2014, you may still see your old policy number when you log into My Member Services. By following these steps, you can add your new policy to your account and print a temporary ID card.
- Log in to your existing Member Services account
- Click on “Account Information” in the blue bar at the top of the page
- Click on “Add a Policy” in the left column
- Enter your new policy information. Once completed, click the link under “Need a Member ID Card?” on the Account Information page to print a Temporary ID Card.
If you have additional questions, please contact us here.