The health care industry is one that begs discussion — it’s personal, it’s social, and it impacts us all. Every week we come across hundreds of articles, tweets, updates, and briefs. We thought you’d like to read some of what we’re seeing right now, and start a conversation. Tune in for your weekly dose of all things North Carolina health care news related.
Got a link to share? Tweet us at @bcbsnc with #NCHealthLinkWeekly, and we could feature your story in an upcoming edition.
Innovation and Trends
- More Health-Care Insurers Seek Big Premium Increases
- More Patients, Not Fewer, Turn To Health Clinics After Obamacare
- Deadly Infections Drive Billions In Hospital Bills To Medicare
Health Care Technology
Health and Fitness
- Do You Know How Much Sugar is in Your Ketchup?
- Tough Mudder Training Tips
- 10 Best Practices for a Better Corporate Wellness Program
[Tweet ” Health News: hidden sugar in ketchup, the rise of gene editing, & #ACA updates. #NCHealthLinkWeekly.”]
- Supreme Court Will Decide Whether to End Obamacare Subsidies for 6.4 Million Americans
- ObamaCare Sign-Ups Officially Beat 2015 Goal
- How States Are Working to Control Prescription Drug Costs
These stitches belong to Alex. The ER bill? It belongs to his mom. Like many, she didn’t know the same stitches cost a fraction of the price at an urgent care. Fact is, Americans could save billions a year by going to the ER only for emergencies.