The health care industry is one that begs discussion — it’s personal, it’s social, and it impacts us all. Every week we come across hundreds of articles, tweets, updates, and briefs. We thought you’d like to read some of what we’re seeing right now, and start a conversation. Tune in Mondays for your weekly dose of all things North Carolina health care news related.
Got a link to share? Tweet us at @bcbsnc with #NCHealthLinkWeekly, and we could feature your story in an upcoming edition.
Innovation and Trends
- Good Pay, Good Worker, Good Company? Aetna CEO Thinks So
- Named to Multi-State Rural Education Initiative
- ER Visits on the Rise in Carolinas, US
Health Care Technology
- Finally an App That Understands You and Speaks Your Language
- Tech Rivalries Impede Digital Medical Record Sharing
- Asthma, Allergies and the New Hope of Immunotherapy
Health and Fitness
- Registration Open for High Country Triple Crown Running Series
- Wisconsin is Learning How to Die
- How One Supermarket Chain Is Tackling Health-Care Costs
- Supreme Court Says Locals Can Make Pill-Makers Pay For Drug Disposal
- UnitedHealthcare, WakeMed Key Community Care Announce Partnership
- Patients Have an Important Role to Play in Ensuring They Get Good Medical Care
As the saying goes, “it’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt,” Cosmin Mihaiu has found a way to make it all fun and games afterwards, in physical therapy, with a motion sensor-based video game. Find out how you can game your way to a speedy recovery.