The health care industry is one that begs discussion — it’s personal, it’s social, and it impacts all of us. Every week we come across hundreds of articles, tweets, updates, and briefs. We thought you’d like to read some of what we’re seeing right now, and start a conversation. Tune in Mondays for your weekly dose of all things North Carolina health care news related.
Got a link to share? Tweet us at @bcbsnc with #NCHealthLinkWeekly, and we could feature your story in an upcoming edition.
Innovation and Trends
- CVS MinuteClinic Hits 25M Visits as a Nice Adjunct to Primary Care
- Blog: Drug Costs Exceed $100,000 a Year for More Americans
- Radical Approach To Huge Hospital Bills: Set Your Own Price
Health Care Technology
- Bigfoot Biomedical’s Artificial Pancreas is Emerging from Hack Mode with a $15M Series A in the Works
- 3-D Mammography Makes its Debut in Asheville
Health and Fitness
- Cystic Fibrosis Drug Wins Approval of FDA. Advisory Panel
- The Importance of Getting Sick in the Right Place
- 1 in 4 Adults Had Insurance but Still Couldn’t Afford Medical Care
- Majority of Businesses Taking Steps to Avoid ObamaCare Tax
- Gay Couples Tie the Knot for Health Benefits
What healthcare will look like in 2020. Watch now!
How will healthcare change in the future? Dr. Stephen Klasko shares his insights on healthcare reform in this informative talk cleverly staged in the year 2020. As the President and CEO of Thomas Jefferson University and its affiliated Hospital, Dr. Klasko manages enormous change – both in health care and in the business of running a major college and hospital. His work focuses on merging the two, finding ways to expand medicine into the community in innovative ways.